of Rabindranath Tagore
"O death " writes the mysterious reader who preceded me to read this drama, written by Tagore in Bengali in 1912.
I found his notes, minor and written in pencil in an elegant handwriting, on a pamphlet in 1992 that I bought used for a thousand pounds from a stand of Genoa before I knew what it was India (in this effects do not yet know).
The reader actually wrote a name and a surname on the front page: Carlo Dapelo - Google come out a magistrate and a real estate agent who knows - and scored typos, stressed words and phrases, commented (" very nice! ", " metempsychosis? ", " death! "), annotated with quotations from other worlds (" science in the world is foolishness, St. Paul " ).
I picked up this book inspired by the news that I come from Calcutta about 150 years since the birth of Tagore, Bengali friends who are going to celebrate with many events, especially theater.
L ' post office ( Dak Ghar in Bengali) is perhaps one of the plays of Tagore's most famous outside India.
's the story in two acts by Amal, a sick child forced to stay quietly at home, but attracted to that wonderful world that lies outside his window, thirsty for knowledge that is learned not from books but directly from the book of the world.
's the story in two acts by Amal, a sick child forced to stay quietly at home, but attracted to that wonderful world that lies outside his window, thirsty for knowledge that is learned not from books but directly from the book of the world.
Dak Ghar was produced for the first time into English by Yeats (his introduction to the drama can be read here , while the entire English translation is here ) and has been interwoven to dramatic events in European history.
In 1940 the French translation of André Gide was read on the radio the night before the Nazi occupation of Paris in 1942 Janusz Korczak chose to represent him in his orphanage in the Warsaw ghetto, just before the deportation of all children.
In 1940 the French translation of André Gide was read on the radio the night before the Nazi occupation of Paris in 1942 Janusz Korczak chose to represent him in his orphanage in the Warsaw ghetto, just before the deportation of all children.
In all interpretations I've read is discussed in detail if Dakghar speak life or death, so if death is justified by life, or vice versa.
Amal, depending on the interpretations, is a symbol of humanity dissatisfied, colonized India, the merger with nature, spiritual freedom, the human being that is death in the beginning of a new life or shutdown of all dreams.
Amal, depending on the interpretations, is a symbol of humanity dissatisfied, colonized India, the merger with nature, spiritual freedom, the human being that is death in the beginning of a new life or shutdown of all dreams.
Here, I think you can will find symbols and is therefore open to any possible interpretation. But for me the soul of the drama is in love and naive optimism that Amal has to life without fear and without prejudice, fertile imagination.
- I had run in search of jobs.
- It makes the case you are looking for and can not find. So ...
- Would not it be fun? I would go even farther!
Or
- Remember that you should not talk to strangers.
- But I really like talking to people who do not know!
- And if you take away?
- would be a fortune! But here no one takes me away.
I do not know whether it is an anthem to a hymn to life or death, or to both of their close bond.
I know the emotion is deep, intense. How to write my comment on the last page: " very beautiful, sublime and profound in its apparent simplicity .
I know the emotion is deep, intense. How to write my comment on the last page: " very beautiful, sublime and profound in its apparent simplicity .
0 comments:
Post a Comment